Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A few things

                                    What’s for dinner?

I have a few things to share; so I’ve been hearing all about Quinoa.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa  I had never heard of it before and it was on sale at Acme in the organic section of the store. I wanted to try it out and my darling kids wanted chicken alfredo for dinner. I didn’t want anything to do with the alfredo or the pasta. So I bought the Quinoa.
I already had mushrooms and have been trying to cook veggie into everything I make so I heated them up with garlic cloves and olive oil, set them aside and then cooked up some chicken breast. I needed some broth for the Quinoa so I added low sodium organic chicken stock just a little (gave the rest to my dog for a treat) it helped more then I expected since I only had one jar of alfredo for the kids. I set enough of the chicken and broth aside for myself and continued to make theirs.

I know what you are thinking I should have just feed them what I was eating; but everyone knows how hard it is to change things for kids. So I want to start slow with them. The important stuff first, no more fast food, lots less sugary things, no more soda. I will slowly introduce them to more healthy foods. I don’t want them to be resentful and want to make this change smooth so they will stick to it as adults. They shouldn’t be punished nor should we fight because I allowed bad habits to start. 

I feed them their Chicken alfredo with mushrooms, spinach and bow tie paste with fresh tomato chucks on top. I ate all that with out the alfredo sauce and with Quinoa instead. It was super good. It feels like rice and tastes kinda like rice and a noodle. I didn’t miss having the pasta at all. It’s going to be a staple in my cabinet for now on.

EXERCISING

                       
As far as exercising I’m still so in love with Body Pump; I have been going two days and week and this week will be going three. On the opposite days I jog on the treadmill. I'm still at 2 miles in >30 minutes. My goal by September is 3 miles for the 5k I want to run. http://www.run4shelter.net/index.php So I am exercising everyday. I am considering adding in an hour of WII active in the am. I’m not getting the results I want; no movement on the scale. I know it’s not about that but I feel that if I lost pounds running would get easier.





Only time will tell; one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment