Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weight Loss Journey


I’ve been overweight for about 15 years, and have been struggling back in forth for years at my highest I was 245 and am 5 6’. I was rolling bladeing at park my right ankle snapped, I was 19 and had to have 6 screws placed in it. To this day it still hurts.
Thankfully the awesome YMCA and the Open Door Policy, our family was given a membership at a reasonable price we could afford. .I’ve been almost everyday since May 5th, and have lost 3 lbs. I also do Zumba two evenings a week.

Today I was having a hard day, feeling sorry for myself, tired of the same old mistakes, praying something will change. I didn’t feel much like going but I didn’t have an excuse not to go. I always bring my clothes with me. So I went and I was able to run for 18 entire minutes without stopping and walked the rest of 30 mins. I realized I really liked running after my first 5k.  For you athletes this may not be huge, but for me it was. I had this giant smile across my face. This is big for someone that has to loss 80lbs. I was so excited, and I felt great afterward.

http://www.talbotymca.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment